SOME INPORTANT THINGS FOR MILITARY PERSONNEL TO KNOW WHEN REGISTERING VEHICLES IN GEARY COUNTY
Please call our office with questions as this does not cover all situations when registering your vehicle, the office number is 785-238-8109.
Items needed for registration in Kansas:
1. Out of State Title. (If title is held with lien holder, we need a faxed copy og the front and back of the title.
Fax # 785-238-7631)
2. VIN Inspection on all out of state vehicles. Located in the county treasurer's office. Mon - Fri. 8:30am - 4:00pm. This cost is $20.00. (Cash Only)
3. Current proof of insurance that includes vehicle ID # and the expiration date of the insurance.
4. Military ID
5. Current Full month LES, ERB, or ORB
6. Current Military Affidavit (can fill out in Office.)
In Kansas. registration expires based on the first letter of the person's last name.
A February 28 (or 29) M-N-O August 31
B March 31 P-Q-R September 30
C-D April 30 S October 31
E-F-G May 31 T-V-W November 30
H-I June 30 U-X-Y-Z December 31
J-K-L July 31
Registration Fees: Most cars $39.00
Trucks under 12,000 lbs. $49.00
Title Fees: All vehicles $10.00
Lien Holder Fees: All vehicles with liens $1.50
Geary County Treasurer
Motor Vehicle Dept.
200 E 8th Street
Junction City, KS 66441
Military Personnel Affidavit